The Dishwasher / Utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using manual and machine methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds using proper technique by lifting with knees.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots or pans both by hand and/or the dishwasher.
- Placing clean items back in proper storage areas.
- Assist in putting orders away in proper locations.
- Ensure proper levels of plates, utensils and other items on the line.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchen floors. Ensure floors are kept clear of debris and hazardous materials that could potentially cause a slip and fall.
- Using proper soap and chemicals needed for cleaning.
- Emptying trash cans as needed. Some cans will be over fifty pounds and must be emptied with assistance.
- Cleaning garbage cans when needed.
- Ensure all recyclables are put in the proper containers in the loading dock area.
- Keeping loading dock area clean of debris. Scrubbed and hosed as needed.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the employee break room, changing area and restrooms.
- Making sure dish machine is properly set up and broken down between shifts and water is changed as needed.
- Notifying management immediately of any safety issues that arise.
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without first washing and sanitizing hands.
- Floor mats rinsed nightly.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting required.
- Must be able to read labels on chemicals.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Other duties as directed / needed.